Saturday, November 6, 2010

via: pinterest
With Halloween over and Thanksgiving right around the corner I'm reminded of the many many hours I've spent putting up holiday decor in other people's houses (You know while the kids were napping and I should have been eating lunch). Growing up my parents put forth every effort to make decorating the house a fun and memorable experience for me and my siblings. To this day decorating for the holidays is an occasion in itself.  We always go all out and make sure we have all of our favorite 'tis the season' items: egg nog, pumpkin pie, cookies ready to be decorated and Christmas music playing in the background, anything to make it that much more special. I guess you could simply say it's a tradition that I look forward to and enjoy more than anything else.  I'll never forget the first time I was asked to "put up" the decorations while at work.  I was actually confused and thought I misunderstood the request.  "Put up your decorations", I thought to myself..."What will the kids think when they see that I've done all the fun?"  I did in fact put up the decorations that day as well as many more times after that and eventually accepted the fact that in some homes holiday decor is just holiday decor...no sentimental strings attached, just decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment