Saturday, November 6, 2010

my confessions

I can't even begin to count the number of times the words "I could write a book" have come out of my mouth. I was a babysitter, mothers helper, and nanny for almost a decade and honestly feel like I have seen it all. Seen it all, heard it all, experienced it all. The good, the bad and the ugly. I've experienced not only the joy of taking care of a newborn baby, but also the challenges of taking care of a two year old.  I've learned not only about the relationship between a mother and child but also the relationship between a mother and father....better yet the relationship between a wife and a husband. I've realized that we are all individuals and there are no two identical mothers on the face of the planet. No two identical families. No two identical ways to raise a child. I know that there are nannies out there who have stories to tell, real honest poignant stories that people would love to hear. Stories that people can learn from.  Stories that will force people to take a good hard look in the mirror and hopefully treat someone better as a result of it.  My goal in writing this blog isn't to be at all vindictive or mean, condescending or exploitative. It is to tell the stories I have to tell, build a community for mothers and nannies alike, give people a place to vent to ask questions and to get answers.  If you are expecting a child and considering hiring at home child care, pay someone to watch your children or watch children and get paid for it...this is a place you want to be.

I'm not married, a mother or an expert.  Just a girl with years of experience that has made her *treat people the way she wants to be treated and  *very excited to one day experience the beautiful world of motherhood. 

Lets learn from eachother.

No comments:

Post a Comment